I can’t believe it has been six weeks since I started this challenge. Time passes so quickly and it seems to go faster when you can’t remember what you have done beyond “being too busy” and “stuff”.
This week has been very busy and I haven’t had as much time as I normally do for “around the house” stuff and jewelry making. Some days I had to choose to do regular things like dishes or make jewelry. I know the logical choice is make jewelry, but I don’t like eating off of dirty dishes and if they get too piled up then my stress level rises to match it, so there is a balancing act that goes on there.
Anyway, I was a little concerned that I wouldn’t be able to accomplish what I really wanted to work on which is a new ear cuff tutorial because of the time limits and I also needed to complete a custom order, so I chose something I thought I could actually finish.
The tutorial I chose this week is the Wrapped Up Heart Pendant tutorial by Nicole Hanna. It went really well and I was amazed at the shift in my thinking from “I wonder if I can do this” to “I know I can do this”. I am so thankful for that confidence. It can be really hard to work on something that takes a long time to make because of the self-doubt…if I can even move past the doubt to start the project.
I found this tutorial amusing because of how it ended up being put together. There were so many twists and turns in the process that it would be nearly impossible to reverse engineer this pendant. One example of this would be how it starts out…
There were lots of fun steps to get to the finished product and it turned out beautifully.
My pendant has already has been oxidized because I needed to do that process with the pair of earrings I made for a customer this week. This was the second time I made these earrings. The first time I couldn’t get the top woven part the same for each earring, but I am pleased with how the earrings I will be sending to my customer turned out. Here is a picture of them…the top picture is of the first pair I made and the second picture is of the pair I will be sending to my customer.
I also oxidized the pair of earrings I made last week. They turned out nice, but I figured out that liver of sulfur will eat the coating off of some beads. 🙂 The beads started out as a nice metalic purple, but ended up looking a little silver.
For a recap, I didn’t have much time this week to kill, but it made me really productive. I made the second pair of Woven Bezel Earrings, the Wrapped Up Hearts Pendant, oxidized three projects and even got an early start on next weeks project. I know some people are so much more productive than that in a day, but for me this is a great amount of wire wrapping in a week and it is exciting! Next week I am working on something I have never made before…a pair of ear cuffs. It should be an interesting week. I am also supposed to get a new jewelry book tomorrow. Hopefully I won’t get too distracted. Have a blessed week with lots of fun and growth!